Australian owned family company
- Established in 1943, PFD Food Services is Australia’s largest privately owned food service company
- We have 2,800 employees in approximately 70 branches around metropolitan and regional areas
- We an impressive record of growth, both organically and acquisitions
- We proudly supply quality fresh, ambient, chilled and frozen products to approximately 55,000 customers which span across national restaurant chains, local cafes, hospitals, schools, pubs and clubs
For our full story, please follow this link.
Career development and progression
With the size of our national business, there’s plenty of opportunities to progress your career with us. We have many stories of our senior employees who have gained experience across the business and progressed their careers with us.
We also offer nationally recognised Certificate III training for eligible employees.
Remuneration and benefits
We believe in a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay and our salary and wages are competitive to market. We also have a range of employee benefits such as discounts on staff purchases, discounted accommodation, health insurance and banking through our partner organisations.
The employee assistance program is accessible free of charge to all employees and offers confidential counselling support to deal with personal and workplace matters. We pride ourselves on being able to offer educational support to the kids of eligible employees. We also recognise and celebrate significant service anniversaries of our employees.
Health and safety
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees, contractors and visitors. We demonstrate this commitment through continued identification and management of workplace risks. We are also committed to up-skilling and empowering employees and by working together, we deliver on health and safety initiatives.
Our employee well-being program also provides initiatives to assist employees to improve their mental and physical welfare.
In the community
We are proud to be active in many communities across Australia. We support many sporting, charitable and arts initiatives and encourage our staff to also get involved such as the following:
- REACH Foundation – supporting all Australian youth
- Les Twentyman Foundation – particularly supporting at risk youth
- Second Bite – food recover of surplus food
- National Jockey’s Trust
- Emergency natural disaster relief
- Club sponsorships – Collingwood FC and Melbourne Rebels
For further information, please follow this link.
To contact your local PFD branch.
Find a Branch
With 69 branches nationally there's sure to be a PFD location near you.
Click here to browse the full list.
Learn why Australia's most successful food businesses use PFD's new Online Ordering system.TAKE A QUICK TOUR