Information technology is a key strategic area where PFD continually sets new industry standards. IT delivers numerous systems and plays a major role in our industry leading operations, customer experience and efficiency levels.
As major supermarkets move towards electronic trading requirements PFD Food Services has introduced Radio Frequency (RF) scanning to generate real time transactions to our retail warehouse customers.
The introduction of RF scanning requires all stock entering the warehouse to have two barcodes on each pallet, the first is to identify our retail customers’ stock and the second provides the PFD item code, use by date, batch number and quantity on the pallet. All this information is stored within the PFD computer system so that we can manage the pallet through the system and warehouse.
PFD provide mobility solutions on both iPAD and Netbook platforms to our Food Service Specialists in order to enhance the customer experience and streamline the account management process. They allow our specialists to work with our customers using up to date inventory, sales history and pricing information as well as submit orders that are generated with the customer.
Our online presence is continuing to expand and deliver a first class, 24 by 7, experience to our customers and suppliers. Suppliers are able to range and manage items through our Supplier Web portal. Customers can search our extensive item range, manage their own pantry lists, check stock availability and process their own orders.
- No special equipment required
- Realtime Pricing
- Multiple Search Capabilities
- Quick Order Option
- 12 month order and invoice history
- Pay online facilities
- User friendly
- Multiple chefs can order for the one account
- 15 handy turtorials showing how to with clear instructions.
- Search your pantry, favourties or your whole PFD warehouse
- Logout from the ordering portal and the system will remember the shopping cart to allow you to continue with the order, when you log back on.
- See product images
- See product nutritional information
- Search for gluten free, organic or halal products
- See what's new in one easy search
- Sort all your search results alphabetically or by price (see the cheapest to the most expensive)
- Set up your accounts so staff can order but only you can approve
Robust, Reliable Systems
PFD’s computer environment is centered on the industry leading MFG/Pro for transactional processing. As the core driver of the business operation, system redundancy via hot site capability is a key component of the infrastructure. Additional system capability is either developed in house or purchased and fully integrated, depending on the need.
All PFD sites are linked through a Telstra network to a centralised data centre. The network is the key to our communications from real time “back to base” driver communications through to electronic inventory management.